Coopers Old Dark Extract
- 14pm: Sanitise in normal household bleach
- 14:10 Start a yeast starter
- 15:00 Mix extract, 1 kg white suger
- 15:30 Mix finished: OG 1.043, temp: 26C
- 8:45: Temperature fallen to 22C
- 13:00 Temperature 21C
- 19:00 Moved to kitchen to let yeast fall back
to the bottom before bottling.
- 14:00 FG 1.004
Added 180g corn sugar in approx. 1L of handluke water
and slowly stirred.
29 0.33 bottles
16 0.45 Grolsch bottles
6 0.75 Coopers plastic bottles
Taste is good, quite smooth and just a slight touch of yeast. The three week fermentation, leaving more time for secondary fermentation, is definately a good idea.